You have a business profile on Pinterest, you’ve claimed your website, you know what are Rich Pins , what’s the next step?
It’s to set up, enable and apply for Rich Pins. How to set up Rich Pins on Pinterest when you have a WordPress website may seem like a daunting process, but it’s actually fairly easy. Here are the instructions for WordPress websites.
You can get Rich Pins set up for your site in two steps:
1. Add metadata to your site
2. Validate and apply for Rich Pins
Step 1 – Add metadata to the website following the steps below (it may sound techie, but it’s quite easy).
Each website has different instructions on how to add the metadata. If you are a WordPress user, the process is the following (if you use Squarespace, it’s already built in and you don’t need to do step 1):
1. Use Yoast SEO plugin. Install and activate.
2. Once you install and activate Yoast, in your WordPress dashboard, click on SEO:
3. Click on Social (1) > Facebook (2) > Enabled (3) > Save Changes (4)
Step 2 – Validate and Apply for Rich Pins
Once your site has all the necessary information for Rich Pins, just apply and activate them. For this step, head to the Rich Pin Validator.
Add an URL from your website/blog posts and click validate. You will only need to do this one time.
Once you get the green check mark, click “apply now”.
Some websites get approved right away; some get a thank you message like the one below. If you get the message below, just give it a few days.
WHEN YOU’RE READY, I WANT TO HELP YOU BECOME MORE SUCCESSFUL WITH YOUR PINTEREST EFFORTS.
Here are 4 ways we can do this together:
- Wanna get your Pinterest traffic machine humming? Grab my “How to get your Pinterest account up and running in 30 minutes or less!” CLICK HERE.
- Next Steps… If you are a business owner and want to learn how to get your Pinterest account up and running SUCCESSFULLY in just 48 hours? Introducing the Weekend Warrior course! CLICK HERE.
- If you want to start offering Pinterest expert services and don’t have time to waste, this Pinterest no-fluff course is for you! CLICK HERE.
- Shortcut the Process – Looking for someone to transform your Pinterest and drive traffic to your site? You can work directly with me! Book a call with me so I can learn more about your business and we can discuss how I can help you grow your business. CLICK HERE.
If you know that your business or blog needs to be on Pinterest but don’t have the time to spend learning, my specialty is Pinterest Strategy, Management and account set up. You can schedule a discovery call with me Here!